Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Week one---again!t

I know I know you all have been waiting for my weekly post, I'm sure Sunday night you all went to bed thinking, "YES! Tomorrow is Monday...Monday breakfast with Molly's blog!" but then Monday turned to Tuesday and still no post, maybe you all thought it was over, I was done, nothing left to say...but here it is, Wednesday night and I'm finally ready to write, I think maybe I might have a few words to share.

So I'm officially a Yoga teacher, I've taught five classes since landing back in Philadelphia, but the truth is I felt like a teacher as soon as I took my seat on my plane home. After rushing to the airport, talking the check-in attendant into allowing me on a earlier flight and silently battling the flight attendant for carry on, overhead space I calmly took my seat. Soon Jim sat next to me, Jim was a man with a warm smile, and a comforting laugh. He joked, " I guess I should have lost some weight before getting on this plane" No sooner than seat belts were buckled, we started chatting. I learned a lot about Jim, he was on a spiritual path, one where he had found peace and happiness while exploring yoga, healthy eating and happy living, I learned that Jim came from the inner city, was lucky enough to be an athlete with a likable personality which allowed him to balance good grades and good street cred. I learned that Jim had a girlfriend. Jim's girlfriend has Cancer and as Jim grieved this illness he lost site of himself, he gave up on his own body in order to exert all energy on her. "Jim," she said, " I'm going to survive this, make sure I have something to come home to" Jim was on a flight home to his lady, when he sate next to me, he was on a new spiritual journey, this time re-exploring yoga, healthy eating, spirituality and himself in order to make a life for himself and his love. Jim promised me that he would meet me again, and he would take a Bikram class, " I need to," he said as he pointed to his body, " I need to get this healthy so my spirit can live happily here" YEAH JIM!!!! We spoke for over two hours, I know more about him than most people, and as we spoke a sense of relief rushed through me. I did the right thing, going to teacher training was the first step in my OWN personal journey and Jim helped me understand that I am MEANT to do this. I am a teacher, be it English, Yoga, Nutrition, or happiness, I have an understanding that is meant to be shared. I just need to tap into that and this training helped me realize the first part of doing so. The body. Remember! Your body has to healthy so that your mind can make the right decisions so your spirit lives happily in it's temple for as long as YOU want!

Ok, so flash forward, I love the act of teaching yoga! It is so much fun! It is the best job in the world! I love knowing that what I am doing is helping people become better versions of themselves, I love that when I tell a group of 15 people that their leg is not high enough, to "exhale breathing come up one more time" guess what! They do!!!!! I have a lot to work on, rights' lefts, perfect dialogue, corrections blah blah blah, but Bikram says it takes 10 years to become a good teacher, for now I just want to be the best I can be and keep on getting better and better. Teaching and Practicing are very similar, just as much fun and work hand in hand at make you better at the other!

Besides teaching, life at home continues to be wonderful. It is weird, don't get me wrong it takes a moment to assimilate to re-enter the real world. I wake up and I don't HAVE to be anywhere in 15 minutes, my nights end at 11pm, I do errands by myself, people DON"T WANT TO TALK ABOUT YOGA!!!! When I walk in front of a door it doesn't open, when I stand up the toliet doesn't flush, when I put my hands under the faucet, the water doesn't turn on. I have to think and do for myself out side of the bubble...it's just plain strange!

So it took me a while to write this post, and I'm not really sure what to say in it. The first week back is a bit strange, teaching is exciting and home feels good, but I feel a little insecure. Trying to sort through what my next step is, trying to catch up on sleep, trying to figure out if what I have to say is actually worth saying. It took me a while to write this post because for a few days there, I couldn't bring myself to do it. I don't know if I'm exhausted, if I am just too excited or what but a huge part of me just keeps questioning myself, even thought I know I'm doing the right thing, and I'm so proud to be doing it. It might not seem like much, I teach yoga, but guys...I followed a dream. That's huge! It's also really scary, I'm venturing off the beaten path and there are thorns and sink holes everywhere. I just have to have faith, patience, determination, self-control and concentration and soon enough I will see the light. So I encourage everyone to pave their own path, be smart, but do what makes you happy. Bad days happen, but an underlining sense that life is good makes everything worth it. Enjoy this life Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy. So that being said...I'm off to take a shower, with some good smelling soaps, walk my pups, make some tea and crash on the couch with a good movie. In a few hours Alex will be home to tuck me in to bed for the night....good night good night good night! See you next week! And if your in the area check out some of my classes!


Much Love to you
Namaste
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment